Thursday 30 June 2005

It's Been A While

I've not linked to an interview with, or article by, David Thomson for a bit. So it's a good job that a great new interview is on the 'Net. If only for the bit where he says he'd like to review video games:
Thomson: Well, I think it's a great moment for critics to talk about the medium as a whole rather than individual films. I think there's a lot going on in the world of screens--which is a much larger world than just movies per se and it's very interesting. I mean, at the moment I would almost rather review some video games than movies--not only because more people are looking at them and because my children are looking at them, which are good reasons, but because I think they're almost more interesting.

I reckon some magazine should take him up on this. I'd sure like to read what he'd have to say.

No comments: