That doesn't stop me from being pleased (oddly and disproportionately, no doubt) that my daily average hit rate is currently 27 and I got more than 600 visits (780 page views) this month. I realise in the Blogging Leagues this probably still only makes me a Sunday pub team, but I get a little glow of achievement never-the-less.
Anyway, I do cherish my regulars and every comment that I get that isn't offering to make my penis larger (and, well, some that are) is always much appreciated. But enough self-indulgence here are the short shorts in no particular order:
- Top 100 Items to Disappear First During a National EmergencyA handy list if you are preparing for the Apocalypse, or British weather
- Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest 2007 Results If only for the "synonym bum". The BLFC is a "whimsical literary competition that challenges entrants to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels".
- Through being cool. An Aussie looks at the difference between "mates" and "friends". Looks like he got beaten up a lot while finding out. Via TMN.
- Is there a 'workplace princess' at your firm? Yet another article proving that the people you work with are the same wherever you go.
- Indiana Jones: The Lego Game: The Trailer. This is so damn cute, just look below. Rumour has it there will be no Nazis, though.
- What 5,164 Calories looks like, now available at Pizza Hut in Japan.Overkill, almost literally. Via Making Light.
- Julie Gardner Teases Return of a classic baddie, yes. Dennis Hopper, no. More John Simm if she has anything to do with it. Plus James Marsters and Kylie exciting Cardiff.
- Transformers: The Abridged Script Because ragging on Micheal Bay never gets old...
And remember Vince, Jorn and Fred have great new stuff most days.