Thursday 16 December 2021

Blanton's Single Barrel


I finally got hold of one of these bottles with a horsey on it.

Over at Weisshaus this tends to disappear the day it goes on the website, so I acted quickly in this case. €70 and three days later I got my very own bottle of Blanton's Single Barrel. 

It's well-made bourbon but, with the caveat that batches from other barrel's could be somewhat different, it doesn't stand out for any particular reason.

This could be because I got this between Maker's Mark 46 (€50) and Russell's Reserve 10 (which I paid €70 in Vienna for, but is $35 in the US) and I really enjoyed both of those. They bought something extra to the table and this brings, well, a nice stopper (I didn't mean to photograph the horse's ass, by the way, but now I've noticed it I'm not going to change it).

Note: At the link above Blanton's is now €100 and it's €130 at Expert24 which is something. But it's not something I'm going to buy.

BONUS LEGO REVIEW

A mini Tie Fighter so you can dogfight with the X-wing. It looks the part and the build was simple enough that you can do it without looking at the Advent calendar door flap instructions. Thumbs up!
 

No comments: