Wednesday 15 December 2021

Ardbeg 10 Year Old


It's Ardbeg Ten. It doesn't really matter what I think of it -- but I do like it. 

It seems to have become the go-to peated Islay as it is readily available, not too expensive and not quite as medicinal as some of the others. It has the added benefit of being 46%ABV and is non-chill filtered, so it crosses boundaries between "malt-mates" and "beginners".

It's the standard against which all other peated whisky can be judged.

I've been asked "if you had a bar and could only stock 3 whiskys, what would they be?" My answer at the time was this, Arran 10 and Wild Turkey 101. Safe, I guess, but I think that covers a lot of bases well.

BONUS LEGO REVIEW

A tiny x-wing. Lego have made so many of these, I think every advent calendar has to have one, but this is a really good one. Instantly recognisable and with working s-foils. Nice!


No comments: