Tuesday 4 January 2022

Dad's Hat Pennsylvania Rye

 



 

Dad's Hat! How could I resist that name.

Rye Whiskey. I first tried a rye at the Beaver Brewing Company in Vienna, Bulleit Rye (which I will probably cover eventually), and I liked it. That big hit of spice and unusual flavours for something that's called whiskey.

Most of the ryes I've had since have been more similar than different. Some are lighter, I've got a Wild Turkey 101 Rye that is a lightly spiced bourbon and some get quiet heavy and oily.

This is on the heavier side which might seem strange as the bottle says it's aged at least six months (so six months). It's got a good hit of peppery spice and a little touch of menthol, there's a little rye bread in there and something darker like licorice.

I like this one but the price is a little too high for what it is: €45 at Expert 24. Knock €10 off that and it'd rival Rittenhouse Bottled in bond for an everyday sipper and mixer. That said I must really make a Manhattan with this.

Bonus Lego Review
 
It's  a Scout Trooper. 
 
Sidenote: You can't really review minifigs you get in advent calendars.They are what they are. That said the Stormtroopers that Lego do have reached a point where they can't really improve upon them.
 

 
 
 


No comments: