Tuesday 14 December 2021

Mortlach 12


Yes, I bought this for the bottle.
 
But it's also a very good whisky. It's been stored in sherry casks and this means it's got those rich notes of dried fruit and slight nuttiness.

Disappointingly, it's got added colour and no mention of being non-chill filtered (and as it is 43%, probably has been filtered). You'd probably have to get an independent bottling if those characteristics are vital to you (to me they are an excellent bonus).

It's not as heavily sherried as some and I'm always quietly surprised by this when I reach for it.

€55 at Weisshaus though I might be tempted by the G&M version next time.

The Wee Witchie is one of the stills, by the way. This bottle's all just marketing, isn't it? "2.81 Distilled" what does that even mean? Please Diageo cut down on the guff.
 
 
BONUS LEGO REVIEW

 
It's a Tusken Raider.

No comments: