Wednesday 15 December 2021

Glenborrodale



I bought Adelphi's Glenborrodale (from Grand Whisky in Linz) because it was cloudy. And a blended malt. And I'd, at that point, not heard of Adelphi.

My guess then, and now, is that a good but cloudy whisky cask is a bit cheaper because the distiller can't get rid of it.

Adelphi, an Independent bottler, gets a few casks like this and puts them together, The result in this case is a cloudy blended malt that tastes like buttered popcorn. And other things when you put your mind to it, but mostly the popcorn thing.

I like it.

There are only 1404 bottles of this but Andrea let me open it anyway.

As an aside one distillery that is starting to get a lot of mentions on the things that I follow is Ardnamurchan. Adelphi own it and though you can can some Adelphi bottles in Austria, Ardnamurchan is almost non-existant. I'll keep an eye open, though, because this was a whisky that I bought for novelty that was, not totally unexpectedly, very good. So I have a feeling they know what they are doing.

Adelphi also do a €20 blend which I'm now tempted to give (do) a shot.

BONUS LEGO REVIEW

Every Lego advent calender has a few days that are simply a random selection of bricks that make a "weapon rack". This is one of them.

No comments: