Sunday 12 December 2021

Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old



 For some reason Bunnahabhain is a bit of a blind spot for me. I must have had it previously as I am a fan of Islay malts in general and know I've talked to people who are stans for "the Bunna".

There was an online knockout thing where the Bunnahabhain people good-naturedly roused its supporters to a decent placing (nothing was going to beat Laphroaig, though) and then it got nominated for the OSWA's best beginner's whisky categorie and, well, I had to know.

It smells like the sea. As for taste, it's a soft experience, especially compared to classic Islays, but there's sherry and nuts and a light touch of smoke. For when you want a quiet evening with something well-made but not too challenging.

BONUS LEGO REVIEW

This is the e-web blaster. Lego have done a few different takes over the years and this is decent and keeps the advent theme by firing snowballs. After three days of good stuff a come down was inevitable.

No comments: