- Chris and Ismo over at Splinters are on a link-posting tear at the moment. Some fine, fine things uncovered including the next two items...
- How to Write More Clearly, Think More Clearly, and Learn Complex Material More Easily, a Powerpoint presentation that manages to make Powerpoint presentaions worthwhile. "You don’t “absorb” knowledge. Knowledge is something you build in your own mind, not something the teacher puts into you."
- Hugh MacLeod's latest How To Be Creative. You do get the feeling Hugh could possibly the biggest arsehole (or complete fucking arsehole for that matter) that you might wish to meet. Doesn't stop him being right, though. "4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail."
- I was a little sad when "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments" disappeared from my bookmarks, but it seems someone's made a mirror of that article. It's good for quoting in flame-wars and it's also a scary reminder of just how wrong we can be.
- Cumulative Swear Count for Deadwood
- Not too many funny refferals recently, though histrionic man-hater took me by surprise as did Best Looking Cock
- Colin Farrell has released a sex tape, er, sorry, is sueing some one for releasing one with him in. When this happened to Rob Lowe, all those years ago, wags mentioned that "finally he's released something we all want to see". But in this case the only difference between it and Colin's regular movies is that even Colin's mum won't want to watch this one.
Tuesday, 19 July 2005
What Are Short Shorts 4?
Mad, crazy round up of stuff that probably deserves longer posts....