Friday 25 March 2011

DBT! DBT!

Drive-by Truckers "Drag the Lake Charlie" Later.....with Jools Holland


Also from Later... is a video of Birthday Boy which I can't embed for some reason. Two good performances, though. There are some that'd tell you Later... has gone on well past its sell-by-date, but while it's still getting good bands and good performances I particularly care that it's getting a but moudly round the edges.

Never Gonna Change


An actual, sort of, video from the Truckers to support their Dirty South Tour video. This is back when they still had Jason Isbell in the band and he handles the vocals here. Isbell wrote one of my all time favourite Truckers songs called Outfit, and this is a pretty good version:



And, finally, an oddity. Patterson Hood and friends (which seems to be all the trucker 'cept Mike Cooley) doing a cover of Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight. I really wanted to like this, but it's a bit of a mess. I guess you just had to be there.

No comments: