Thursday 1 December 2005

I Hate To Say "I Told You So"...

What am I saying? I love it.

I told you so.

According to The Guardian's The Northerner, far from heralding the collapse of society as we know it drinkers in the North-East and North Yorkshire behaved themselves better:
Similarly, the Northern Echo revealed an apparent change in the north-east and North Yorkshire drinking culture as bars and clubs actually closed earlier than their licenses permitted, and police reported less drink-related trouble than normal. Even where the chance to gulp into the small hours of the morning didn't prompt a change in our drinking habits - such as Cumbria - the debauchery forecast never transpired; the Westmorland Gazette reported that the new laws had "hardly any effect at all" in their patch.

No comments: