Tuesday 11 October 2005

Americans Caught Lying On Survey On Lying

How else to explain the jump from 35% to 43% of people claiming to have made up excuse for not going into work? And why it's only 43% especially in the US where they get two weeks holiday a year if they're lucky.

The following excuses are given as among the more creative:
"I'm too drunk to drive to work;"
"The ghosts in my house kept me up all night"
"I'm too fat to get into my work pants"
"My son accidentally fell asleep next to wet cement in our backyard. His foot fell in and we can't get it out"

The first and third ones in particular don't strike me as remotely creative. Well maybe the third one is a little creative but only if you're not American. Fat git that I am, I've never had a problem getting my trousers on.

No comments: