Saturday 7 November 2009

Mini DVD Review: Star Trek

For various reasons I tend to get fan feedback on SF movies before I get a chance to see the actual movie itself. So I got the feeling that there was a sizeable minority of fan-boys out there that were adamant that Star Trek wasn't "Star Trek". Possibly there were mutterings about canon and inconsistencies with established histories.

Hmmm.

I enjoyed it. Galaxy Quest may now officially be the second best Star Trek movie. What probably surprised me the most is that I felt most of the broad comedy actually worked. If I had complaints they would that that the Enterprise was a bit of a secondary character overall as was Bones who, as in the original series, should be the soul part of mind, body and soul but here was mostly just bemused.

No comments: