Saturday 7 November 2009

It's Been A Sci-Fi Week

After watching Star Trek I downloaded the latest mission pack for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to my Xbox 360. It's one level set on Tatooine in, yet another, alternate universe, one where Vader's Apprentice bested Vader at the end of Force Unleashed.

It was too short, I tend to play these things on "Casual" nowadays as I just can't get twitchy enough for the harder levels of these things (I'll tell you about my afternoon playing multi-player Gears Of War one day, a game I thought was a sneak-along...). It took me about an hour to finish, so for a tenner it wasn't much gameplay.

But...

You get to fight Boba Fett, crush Jabba's Rancour and brutally murder Obi-Wan Kenobi. One of the "achievements" involves throwing Jawas into a grinder. If the original game had this much wit and verve for it's whole length then it would have been a classic.

No comments: