Monday 14 January 2008

Anthony Bourdain Has A Weblog

Via Bookslut comes news that Anthony Bourdain does, indeed, have a weblog. I don't really know that much about him, but I know a few people who admire his stuff, so this link's for them. Reading his blog, though, I do feel I ought to at least borrow some of his books.

Here's his response to commentors on his blog who feel he isn't "keeping it real" because he no longer works in a professional kitchen:

My instinctive reaction to this kind of inverse snobbery is normally a raised middle finger and a "I had twenty-eight years of standing behind a stove - while you were arguing over bundt cake recipes in a chat room, motherfucker! Now, kiss my ass!!"

But the fact is, there's a little voice in my head that completely agrees with their point of view.

No comments: