Wednesday 28 September 2005

The Sopranos, Truer Than You Think

Fark links to a story about a mob boss, who had been portrayed by Joe Pesci, dying in prison. Not normally something that I'd care about, but the article has a couple of bits that seem to have been written by David Chase. Specifically:
[S]he called her husband a ruthless thug who abused his family, broke the mob's code of ethics and even cheated his daughter at tic-tac-toe.

There's got to be a name for a sentence like that where there's something funny about it but you can't quite put your finger on what, or why. They later add:
"I couldn't believe what I was hearing," she said. "I was shocked, nauseated, disgusted. It was Father's Day. His sister and mother were coming over for a barbecue.
"What was I supposed to say? 'Albert just buried the Spilotros last night so we can't barbecue today.' "

It's really not hard at all to imagine Carmella saying that.

No comments: