Tuesday 28 April 2009

A Little Something Obvious

One of my presents this year was a complete box-set of Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister. I know it's a really obvious thing to say but apart from the styles (the clothing, being all suits, haven't faired badly, but the hair is occasionally dated), the oddly flat camera lighting and one or two little references (the trades unions have some power) this could have been made yesterday. In fact I'm pretty sure some of the scandals in it only happened last month.

I'm surprised the BBC haven't thrown John Simm (now I mention it I think he'd be a good Sir Humphrey), David Morrissey (Bernard?) and, say, Paterson Joseph (as Jim Hacker, though actually you could probably put any of them in any of the roles) at it for a thoroughly modern update.

No comments: