Tuesday 23 January 2007

Reasons I Don't Understand America Part 12

Via Bookslut comes this tale:

I was at this birthday party for a child, and I took a bite of the birthday cake and my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. The parents were so proud that they had provided this "healthy" birthday cake, because it didn't have anything in it that would make you want to eat a cake. It didn't have eggs, or milk, or wheat, or butter, of course, and it didn't have any sugar because, of course, that could kill you immediately. I started thinking, "It is bizarre that this is what we've come to," and that was kind of the turning point.

I shall, of course, be ranting in public about this the moment that the Irish Pub they are building right in front of my apartment is finished, but until then: wasn't this a side-story in an episode of House? I think House shouted something like "It's the kid's birthday buy her a damn cake!" at the mother. And, you know, nothing else need be said.

No comments: