Thursday 25 January 2007

Please Let It Be A Parody

A site called Love God's Way is dedicated to listing all the bands out there who might possibly not be as straight they should be:
One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy.

I'm guessing they added The Doors because Jim Morrison was a Backdoor Man and I like how they've included Elton John twice because, as they parenthetically point out, he's "really gay". I really have no idea at all how Frank Sinatra came to be included in that list unless I've been wilfully misunderstanding "My Way" all these years. And surely if Frank's there Elvis should be too. How does that song go? "Treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel, butt love me"...

Funnier still is that the "safe bands" page has very short list of bands that you've never heard of. Plus Cyndi Lauper. Presumably because any songs she did about gays were way after she was famous.

No comments: