Tuesday 24 January 2006

I Don't Know, I Think I've Spotted A Problem

The MSN Blog Musicfilter has a small article on DJs not liking "laptop" DJs, who, I guess, are DJs who don't spin up the vinyl but do it all on their laptop computer. The more traditional DJs don't like this saying:
The laptop DJs might be doing rocket science, and creating amazing soundscapes, but it’s totally boring for an audience to watch. To me, 2000 people staring at some guy behind his computer for four hours is crazy.

I don't know dance culture passed me by, but it seems that staring at the DJ isn't what anyone goes to these things for and anyone staring at a DJ for more than a few seconds is crazy.

This all reminds me of a joke: "So one DJ says to the other, 'Do you want to go to a movie tonight?' and the other one says, 'I don't know, who's the projectionist?'"

No comments: