- Ten Grand Ain't Nothing. WB: The Real OG's. This has been linked to by everybody. A look at how record labels aren't being totally honest when it comes to residuals.
- Canabalt A procedurally generated runny jumpy thing. One button. Much fun.
- Spelunky is also worth a look if the words "procedurally generated" grabbed your interest. This is an explore-y cave-y thing.
- HP Lovecraft's fear of the 'alien'. Should an author's racism prevent us from enjoying his works. I'd say no, but then finding out Beck was a scientologist sucked a lot of the joy out of his work for me.
- Christ on a Venn Diagram!
- The Evolution of Digital Storage. From floppy to nano. You know what I'm talking 'bout.
- Midlist Novelists Get About As Much Love As Musicians.
- Duty of Care Classic "The greatest game can be ruined by the worst player. Players have just as much of a duty to play a game well as games have a duty to provide opportunities."
- Zero Punctuation Reviews Dragon Age. I think he likes it. But it's hard to tell.
- Random ZX Spectrum Games This is a good idea. I might do a few of these every now as I tried the random thing and I remembered about one in three. How many c-90s died for that knowledge?
- Does Humour Belong In Video Games. The main problem with this article is that they asked Al "Leisure Suit Larry" Lowe.
- Odd Man Out. Joe Queenan looks at movies that don't quite fit a directors oeuvre. Being JQ this is funny, he's wrong about The Hulk, though.
- 6 Mental Illness Myths Hollywood Wants You to Believe. From Cracked.
Thursday, 3 December 2009
I've Missed So Much
When I get more in to the rhythm of my new set-up and posting from home a little more often then, hopefully, I'll be able to bring you fresh, hot links but as it is some of the following might be a little stale (if you read the same blogs I do):