Thursday 25 June 2009

Useful, But Somehow Wrong

So, I'm almost ready to join that whole home Internet revolution malarky. Mostly by getting my X-Box on-line in the next few weeks. I've already been allowed to try it at work, so I am now the proud owner of the latest Sam & Max game (and it's great), and I like the idea of just downloading things to my 'Box from my couch rather than that pesky Amazon/walking to the shops thing.

One thing I found out straight away is that the console also uploads stuff, so any time I want I can check out my gamer achievements whenever I want. I'm not entirely sure why I find this slightly unnerving, but I suppose always being able to know whether or not I've done the "Absolute Power is Kind of Neat" achievement on Civilization Revolutions is what the Internet was built for.

No comments: