Wednesday 12 March 2008

Doing My Bit For The Wall-E Advertising Campaign

I don't know, but it sure does look like a lot of fun.

It does seem like I'm getting all my film news from Film Drunk recently. Perhaps you should too.

Speaking of movies, I was sure that Vince Keenan had reviewed Shade at some point (a friend lent it me over the weekend, I'd never heard of it before) as it is Sylvester Stallone does Nine Queens in many ways. Particularly in the ways that Get Carter was Sly does Get Carter. Not a bad movie, but lacking in charm or wit or rapid-fire dialogue or something. I kept wondering what David Mamet might have done with scenes and if I'd feel any sympathy for the character played by Stuart Townsend if he wasn't played by Stuart Townsend. Nine Queens made me smile at the end, this just made me think "what a bunch of smug gits".

2 comments:

Vince said...

Shade is a new one on me. This is the first I've heard of it. I'll give it a look. Any movie that merits a comparison to Nine Queens -- even a bad comparison -- gets a look from me.

FilmDrunk said...

Thanks for the love!