Wednesday 23 February 2005

Stop Me If You've Seen This Already

The web works in odd ways. I was checking out Gaping Void because I wondered if Cynthia over on the Free Love Freeway had said anything about a comment I'd made there and I saw the name in her list of Blogs that she reads. Anyway Hugh at GV mentions that it's alleged that he and Kathy Sierra are an item.

Damn! That's one fine Blog. Bookmark it immediately. I've already subscribed to the RSS feed. If she keeps on coming up with gems like:
I consider "There's no 'I' in Team" to be terribly depressing. It sounds, in fact, just like what the Borg said on Star Trek. There is most definitely an "I" in any team I'm on. I have value in, and out, of a team. I will not surrender my passion in order to be a team player. And any team who doesn't value that isn't a team I want to be part of. I do believe that a team can change the world, but it's still a team of individuals supporting each other in being brave, strong, innovative, and passionate.

Then it can only be worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not a huge fan of misquoting chunks of sitcom, but that reminds me of the office's "there might be no I in team, there's a me in team if you look hard enough".

Paul said...

Yes, there is that...

But as a person who's role in any team he's part of seems to be the one who doesn't quite fit in, it's nice to hear someone else say it.

There's a paradox in believing "none of us is as good as all of us" and knowing about mob mentality.